CRD Update Speculation Thread


Mjamfan22
 Share

Recommended Posts

Well Im not gonna request only bodies because thats what everyone wants. Im gonna suggest stuff that could happen in the future that i dont know is possible.

  1. Planetary's that break and lock up
  2. Optional Wheel Teathers
  3. Bendable Four Links
  4. Other Engine options other than the Merlin
  5. More Rim variants (Racesource, Team Scream, etc)
  6. LEDs in the cab that can be turned on and off with the headlights

As for body's I got some ideas.

  1. Removable Bumper for F150 and F250
  2. Removable Tailgate for all pickups
  3. Single and Double Cab Variants for all pickups
  4. Option to add lexan windows instead of it being fiberglass, for example An Escalade windows
  5. This is a bit more of a drastic idea but to try to add some 3D bodies even if it is for 3 or 4 skins available, such as something like Team Hot Wheels Firestorm, Soldier Fortune or El Toro Loco
Edited by rormadness
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

my wish list for the future 

 

-Ford F-150 extended cab (skins available: 3 different madusa trucks, Grinder extended cab, Northern nightmare, pastrana 199, hotwheels, Nitro circus, ect.)

-Ford F-150 with Silverado bed cover (FS1 cleatus) (yes the bed cover is modeled after a chevy)

-predator 

-chrome madusa

-Flipped F-150 extended cab (backwards bob)

-optional tethers for tires

-Zombie (Yellow, Normal, Orginal, WF encore)

-BKT ride truck 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I definitely want to see more new body styles, it would help cover opportunities to customize for sure. I also was brainstorming some ideas for the CRD itself, I just thought it'd be helpful to provide a short list of ideas and my thoughts on why it should be in the game, in a fundamental and difficulty based perspective. (NOTE: this is coming from someone who just started playing BeamNG.drive after playing Rigs of Rods for 11 years, I do not know much about BeamNG.)

Truck Ideas:

Hot Wheels Firestorm - Not too far off from the standard pickup, just some extra details like the spoiler and the roof scoops (also the other versions of this truck are fantastic)

Monster Mutt - A classic Monster Jam truck debuting in 2003, I mean what's not to like about the Mercury Mutt body that was around 03-15? Would be interesting for onboard cams too.

Blacksmith/Captains Curse (1941 Willys iirc?) - Another classic for sure: beautiful looking hood, and a thin-looking truck bed to give it that rat-rod look. Would be really cool to see the possibilities with this body

Spitfire/Dragons Breath (2010?)/Sting (Custom Vette Body) - Now, I know another forum said a War Wizard body would be very difficult and I'm sure this is no different. However I'm throwing this out there to see if maybe its possible.

CRD Ideas (Fundamentals)

Slightly weaker forelinks - I know this is also difficult because it involves direct adjustment to the j-beam, but I think this might provide more realism to the strength of these trucks. This might just be personal preference because I enjoy the breakable aspect of the trucks, but your truck can hit at some wildly violent angles and not a single one breaks. The shocks and swaybars are pretty forgiving too, but with stuff like Metal Mulisha at WF15 and all the insane air, the shocks hold up well and break on realistic angles (if that makes sense). Same goes for swaybars.

Better Adjusted Default Suspension - On pretty routine jumps or jumps with medium-larger air, the trucks like to bounce a lot and kinda go all over the place, leading to a plethora of driving instability after landing.. Now I don't know the right shock configurations, nor do I have proper knowledge of the game engine, but if there was a way to make the shocks softer or "less bouncy" by default that could provide a more realistic driving experience.

Center Of Gravity Adjustment - Ok this is another idea that I'm not sure of based off of my lack of knowledge of the physics engine, but I think this should be fixed. One thing that I've noticed is that the center of gravity in the truck sits in a weird spot, and the trucks and roll on its sidewalls extremely easy. Like, realistically some of the rollovers shouldn't even go on the sidewalls at all, but if this is something that can't be fixed as is, I understand.

 

I hope this is an intriguing list to look at and that this provides ideas for a innovative and fresh new update for the CRD mod itself:).

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WarWizardMonster said:

I definitely want to see more new body styles, it would help cover opportunities to customize for sure. I also was brainstorming some ideas for the CRD itself, I just thought it'd be helpful to provide a short list of ideas and my thoughts on why it should be in the game, in a fundamental and difficulty based perspective. (NOTE: this is coming from someone who just started playing BeamNG.drive after playing Rigs of Rods for 11 years, I do not know much about BeamNG.)

Truck Ideas:

Hot Wheels Firestorm - Not too far off from the standard pickup, just some extra details like the spoiler and the roof scoops (also the other versions of this truck are fantastic)

Monster Mutt - A classic Monster Jam truck debuting in 2003, I mean what's not to like about the Mercury Mutt body that was around 03-15? Would be interesting for onboard cams too.

Blacksmith/Captains Curse (1941 Willys iirc?) - Another classic for sure: beautiful looking hood, and a thin-looking truck bed to give it that rat-rod look. Would be really cool to see the possibilities with this body

Spitfire/Dragons Breath (2010?)/Sting (Custom Vette Body) - Now, I know another forum said a War Wizard body would be very difficult and I'm sure this is no different. However I'm throwing this out there to see if maybe its possible.

CRD Ideas (Fundamentals)

Slightly weaker forelinks - I know this is also difficult because it involves direct adjustment to the j-beam, but I think this might provide more realism to the strength of these trucks. This might just be personal preference because I enjoy the breakable aspect of the trucks, but your truck can hit at some wildly violent angles and not a single one breaks. The shocks and swaybars are pretty forgiving too, but with stuff like Metal Mulisha at WF15 and all the insane air, the shocks hold up well and break on realistic angles (if that makes sense). Same goes for swaybars.

Better Adjusted Default Suspension - On pretty routine jumps or jumps with medium-larger air, the trucks like to bounce a lot and kinda go all over the place, leading to a plethora of driving instability after landing.. Now I don't know the right shock configurations, nor do I have proper knowledge of the game engine, but if there was a way to make the shocks softer or "less bouncy" by default that could provide a more realistic driving experience.

Center Of Gravity Adjustment - Ok this is another idea that I'm not sure of based off of my lack of knowledge of the physics engine, but I think this should be fixed. One thing that I've noticed is that the center of gravity in the truck sits in a weird spot, and the trucks and roll on its sidewalls extremely easy. Like, realistically some of the rollovers shouldn't even go on the sidewalls at all, but if this is something that can't be fixed as is, I understand.

 

I hope this is an intriguing list to look at and that this provides ideas for a innovative and fresh new update for the CRD mod itself:).

So i'm not writing this as a contradicting statement to this, but this is basically answering/discussing the requests (or speculations in this case) that you made. anyway here goes nothin...

 

Bodywise:

Firestorm: Now I may be wrong, but I believe the original team hw firestorm was a modified f-150 body (if it's not that then I'm probably thinking about zombie lmao), the only things that would have to be created are the spoiler and custom hood, along with the roof scoops and placing them in their corresponding places along with testing them.

1941 Willys: i think some people here remember this, but in the older versions of the mod, somebody made a body pack (non-breakable) that had the willys body, which ironically had both captains curse (red version only) and blacksmith (2007 version only). This pack was made by justinorc (or along the lines of that username) on the beam website, where the beam monsters group originally was. While this body pack is now broken, modders could remake the body and base it off of certain things from the old pack.

Spitfire/Dragons Breath(2010?)/Sting (Custom Vette Body): most likely this will not be made, as this body was not fit for a crd chassis.

CRD-Idea wise:

Forelink: don't know what to put here as i don't really mess with those lmao.

Suspension: If you didn't know already, you can already adjust the hardness/softness of the suspension by going into the vehicle settings, then go to tuning, and scroll until you see the "suspension" box, there you can adjust the dampness of the front/rear suspension, as well as the stiffness/softness. Then you can save that as your default truck by either saving it as a new vehicle, or overwriting the original truck with the new edited truck. Then go to vehicle selector (control+e) and with your edited truck loaded, click set default (found on the top of the selector) to set the default vehicle spawned as that truck.

 

Center-Of-Gravity: idk where it leans to the side when its neutral. so idk what to say about this lmao.

devs and modders if any of this is wrong, please don't backlash at me for getting most of this info wrong, i am only creating data based on how bodies/props are usually tested.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Chaos2TheMax said:

So i'm not writing this as a contradicting statement to this, but this is basically answering/discussing the requests (or speculations in this case) that you made. anyway here goes nothin...

Yeah, some of my critiques and stuff is very vague but I'm glad you responded to this. Ill go tinker with the suspension

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, WarWizardMonster said:

Yeah, some of my critiques and stuff is very vague but I'm glad you responded to this. Ill go tinker with the suspension

no problem, just wanted to touch on some stuff that either was already in the game, or stuff that is possible in the future/stuff that will probably take time to make, as i have been in the beam monsters community for awhile and know how long bodies can take (though it seems the newer updates are releasing bodies quicker than it would have been when it was in the 1.14 stage)

Edited by Chaos2TheMax
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BlackCatMatt said:

New here but would love to see Bulldozer, Goldberg (Team Meents/Max D), Megalodon, and Avenger in the future. I imagine this all takes awhile and a lot of hard work so I just wanted to say thank you to all contributing to these mods. Loads of fun.

All of these bodies are being worked on. Bulldozer isn't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2020 at 3:14 PM, WarWizardMonster said:

I definitely want to see more new body styles, it would help cover opportunities to customize for sure. I also was brainstorming some ideas for the CRD itself, I just thought it'd be helpful to provide a short list of ideas and my thoughts on why it should be in the game, in a fundamental and difficulty based perspective. (NOTE: this is coming from someone who just started playing BeamNG.drive after playing Rigs of Rods for 11 years, I do not know much about BeamNG.)

Truck Ideas:

Hot Wheels Firestorm - Not too far off from the standard pickup, just some extra details like the spoiler and the roof scoops (also the other versions of this truck are fantastic)

Monster Mutt - A classic Monster Jam truck debuting in 2003, I mean what's not to like about the Mercury Mutt body that was around 03-15? Would be interesting for onboard cams too.

Blacksmith/Captains Curse (1941 Willys iirc?) - Another classic for sure: beautiful looking hood, and a thin-looking truck bed to give it that rat-rod look. Would be really cool to see the possibilities with this body

Spitfire/Dragons Breath (2010?)/Sting (Custom Vette Body) - Now, I know another forum said a War Wizard body would be very difficult and I'm sure this is no different. However I'm throwing this out there to see if maybe its possible.

CRD Ideas (Fundamentals)

Slightly weaker forelinks - I know this is also difficult because it involves direct adjustment to the j-beam, but I think this might provide more realism to the strength of these trucks. This might just be personal preference because I enjoy the breakable aspect of the trucks, but your truck can hit at some wildly violent angles and not a single one breaks. The shocks and swaybars are pretty forgiving too, but with stuff like Metal Mulisha at WF15 and all the insane air, the shocks hold up well and break on realistic angles (if that makes sense). Same goes for swaybars.

Better Adjusted Default Suspension - On pretty routine jumps or jumps with medium-larger air, the trucks like to bounce a lot and kinda go all over the place, leading to a plethora of driving instability after landing.. Now I don't know the right shock configurations, nor do I have proper knowledge of the game engine, but if there was a way to make the shocks softer or "less bouncy" by default that could provide a more realistic driving experience.

Center Of Gravity Adjustment - Ok this is another idea that I'm not sure of based off of my lack of knowledge of the physics engine, but I think this should be fixed. One thing that I've noticed is that the center of gravity in the truck sits in a weird spot, and the trucks and roll on its sidewalls extremely easy. Like, realistically some of the rollovers shouldn't even go on the sidewalls at all, but if this is something that can't be fixed as is, I understand.

 

I hope this is an intriguing list to look at and that this provides ideas for a innovative and fresh new update for the CRD mod itself:).

I'd Love to see a 1941 Willys Body in game, They're working on Axe for the CRC, so Maybe they could change some small things from the Axe body to make it accurate to a 1941 Willys americar,

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share