CRD Truck Brakes

SteveenAD

For anyone who may be looking around for a solution to a similar problem:

I was finding the brakes completely unusable with the CRD Trucks, and after a ton of testing, I narrowed it down to the ABS Mode setting in the gameplay options as being set to "always arcade ABS".

I'm not sure when I set this setting, but turning it off allows the brakes to... you know, actually work.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, andersongravedigger50 said:

Like you can't stop the trucks after they go?

It seems like the brakes, when they function normally, are mostly intended to lock up. When arcade ABS is on, you hit the brake and essentially nothing happens at speed. It only functions at extremely low speeds. Turning off arcade ABS as I wrote fixes this.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SteveenAD said:

For anyone who may be looking around for a solution to a similar problem:

I was finding the brakes completely unusable with the CRD Trucks, and after a ton of testing, I narrowed it down to the ABS Mode setting in the gameplay options as being set to "always arcade ABS".

I'm not sure when I set this setting, but turning it off allows the brakes to... you know, actually work.

Yes, you need to make sure there are no "arcade" settings turned on. This goes for clutch, shifting, traction control, brakes etc...

1 hour ago, andersongravedigger50 said:

The brakes may need to be fixed.

There is nothing wrong with the brakes on the CRD Monster Truck. 

• Like 2